Saturday, February 10, 2007

In Other News...

Today is the one-year anniversary of the last episodes of Arrested Development. [sigh]

I would now like to take a look back at this amazing program.

2003: I see commercials for a new show. "It looks interesting," I say. But i don't watch regularly, as i very well should, and will.

2004: I see my first episode. I love it, and think it might be the funniest thing ever. I catch many reruns over the summer. FOX airs the season finale as a "lost episode". I find this odd, and have no idea what's going on. Second season premieres, i get first season DVDs for Christmas. I become addicted.

2005: I hear news that season 2 has been cut down from 22 to 18 episodes. This makes me furiously angry. At the end of the season, FOX starts a petition to see how many people wanted to save the show. Hundreds of thousands sign, the show gets a 3rd year. I get the season 2 DVDs for my birthday. 3rd season premieres, then FOX decides to cut down from 22 to 13 episodes. We all come to the conclusion it has finally been canceled.

2006: 9th episode of 3rd season airs. I miss it, i cry. Everyone thinks this is the last episode, as it does not appear on the schedule. FOX announces that the last 4 episodes will be shown during the opening ceremony of the Olympics. At the same time. I tape the episodes, watch them religiously. Wait for season 3 DVDs to arrive. The date is set: June whatever. DVDs are taken off release schedule. DVDs are put back on schedule for August 29th. I buy them, the next weekend. G4 starts showing reruns, along with HDNet. This makes me happeh.

2007: Every cast member is doing their own things now. Rumors still fly about a movie. Everybody reportedly, wants to participate. Suspicion rises...

No comments: