Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Well, Seeing As You Can't Verbally Abuse Anyone...You're Fired.

It now seems any one teacher in South Carolina's job to make every single student fell like complete crap. If you knew how much teachers yell around here, you'd be amazed. That's probably why SC was featured prominently in 20/20's expose on Friday, "Stupid in America: How we Are Cheating Our Kids". I watched that program and was astounded at how much the people don't care about children. All they care about is money. Appearantly, they don't even need money to succeed. They shoed a school that paid literally billions of dollars for new equipment, and failed to make any improvements in the student productivity area. That's a shame, and yet, no one notices whatsoever. Not the President, not anybody, that's the honest truth. Not even the school administrators notice. They're caught in an illusion that thy;re actually improving, that is also a shame.

I feel the problem is teachers, not precious money. If we had good teachers, the students would feel interested in the subject and pass. But oh no. that can't happen evidently. All the teachers do is this to me: They bring me down until i'm at an all-time low, whcih makes not want to do my work. Even when you make the slightest imperfection. It makes me sick. Note that this isn't all teachers, just alot of them. Very few are actually good at their jobs. That too, shame. Well, i hope you've been reading this. If you got bored, please just go and start over. This is very important to me and you. Yes, you too. That has been my activism update for the day. I will now stop being a hippie.

In other related news, the same night as the opening ceremonies of the 2006 Torino Winter Games, the 2-hour season and extremely possibly 2-hour series finale of Arrested Development. Yes, it has come to this. the last 4 episodes in a row. This makes the happy flow, please ABC or Showtime! Have a heart and soul. Do it! You know you wanna! Oh yeah, we'll make it worth your while.

1) "Remember when you wanted to make your own breakfast cereal?"
"Hey, if the FDA didn't get off my back, we'd all be eating JD's Bananas and Nuts!"

- Scrubs

2) Currently watching - NewsRadio - Seasons 1 ad 2

P.S.: Sorry for the incredibly long paragraph. I feel strongly about things.

1 comment:

weas said...

I've had much the same experience as you. Nine out of ten of the teachers I had in school were complete bastards that just didn't care if I passed. They would start saying that I should come ask them if I needed help understanding things, but when I would, they would say "look it up yourself."

My gym teachers never paid attention to the fact that I was completely worn out. I couldn't move anymore at one point, yet they continued singling me out and ordering me to keep running. If my freshman gym teacher had decided to chase me around the track with a tank, I probably would have just collapsed on the spot and been crushed - because NOTHING can get me to run as fast as everybody else in my class.

And don't even get my started on history. Geez.