Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Barcode Madness

Yesterday, after waiting for four things to be held at the library, we finally went there.

Liz wanted to find a book, and she knew which one. But, she did not have the knowledge of which section it was in. Since holds were self pick-up now, a fact that i found amazing, i was armed with four items, walking up and down the library looking like some sort of book nerd. Well, i did only have 1 book, and also, 2 DVDs and a CD. I'll get to those later.

So we went to the self checkout station, and after lookingh for the barcodes on the various items, i checked them out. Looking for barcodes, and then scanning them is not an easy task. But you feel quite cool when you do it.

The items i brought home with me were:

  • American Gun (DVD)
  • I Like You: Hospitality Under the Influence - Amy Sedaris (book)
  • Thumbsucker (DVD)
  • Pretty Little Head - Nellie McKay (CD)
I watched American Gun last night. It's very good, i'd recommend it. It does have alot of good folks in it too. Forest Whitaker, Marcia Gay Harden, Schuyler Fisk, Christopher Marquette, Donald Sutherland, and others. It made me cry almost twice. Okay, it actually did make me cry twice. I admitted it, you happy?

Pretty Little Head is Nellie's second album. Her first was much better, but this one's definitely good too.

I haven't watched Thumbsucker yet, i intend to tonight.

I Like You is a book on hospitality, and it is very funny. She talks about kids' parties and it has a list of games for the children to play, and it's hilarious.

OK, that's all i have to say about the haul at the 'brary.

Oh yeah, and possibly a YCLFAOY today, i don't know though.

No comments: